We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live entertainment in Olde Market area"

midwest
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Live entertainment in Olde Market area"

We are staying at the Hilton Garden near the Old Market area W/E July 14-16 and would like suggestions for "walking or short-taxi distance" live entertainment options. Comedy Clubs are great and jazz is appealing. All types of music generally. Thanks!!!!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
124 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live entertainment in Olde Market area"

The best comedy club in Omaha is the Funny Bone. It is located out on the west side of town at Village Pointe which is quite a ways from the Old Market. But it is worth the drive and a fun time.

If you are looking for music you may want to check with a few sites:

http://www.omaha.com/section/go

http://omahanightlife.com/calendar

There are quite a few street performers that hang out on the street and are actually really good. Hopefully someone will be a little more helpful than me with jazz selections but this one place does come to mind:

www.jazzkitchens.com/wb/pages/omaha.php

It's not exactly right in the Old Market but it is a walkable distance.

Have a good weekend!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
240 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live entertainment in Olde Market area"

On the North Side of the Old Market there is a place called Blazin' Piano's which is a piano bar. I hear it is a lot of fun!

omahanightlife.com/articles/053009_blazinpia…

I have never personally been but I have friends that have been.

Other then that... I don't know of any places in the actual Old Market that play music or have bands.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
45 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live entertainment in Olde Market area"

Jackson Street Tavern has live music Thurs-Sat and has some of the best food in the market. I believe it is typically a small jazz ensemble, but they probably have more info on their site. I would definitely recommend this place. Food is modern American-ish.

Jazz Kitchens mentioned above typically has live music. Food is Cajun/Creole/Nawlins. Good, not great in my opinion, though the music is nice.

Both are in the Old Market area.

I would also recommend just walking the Old Market. There are so many great shops and restaurants and I'm sure several others have live music and may draw you in. There are always a couple street performers too.

4. Re: Live entertainment in Olde Market area"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Omaha
Recent Conversations