We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alora in Auguest

Dromore, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Alora in Auguest

Hoping to visit Alora next month, August, Can anyone tell me what facilities are in Alora, will be travelling by train and bus, can I get around to nearby villages, would like to visit El Chorro and the lakes especially, is their a public outdoor pool in Alora,any infor or links to websites would be great

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alora in Auguest

I don't know Alora that well so someone else can fill in the gaps.

It isn't a big town and friends say there isn't a lot to do but if you like the gentle rhythm of a small town it should suit you well.

It is at the end of the Cercanias line from Malaga so the villages along the way are easy to get to, but I am not sure I would want to, maybe Pizzara is OK.

Cercanias has been publicising heavily recently a new service from Malaga to El Chorro which has to pass through Alora so I would be optimistic about that, also one to Ronda which is likely to use the same route.

With a quick change at Victoria Kent station you are within an hour of Torremolinos and another 20 minutes will take you all the way to Fuengirola. But watch the last train back , it leaves early.

Remember too that the day time temperatures in Alora in August can be over, maybe this summer well over, 40.

Driving to a friends we pass the open air pool and last time it was pretty noisy so that should be OK.

Still leaves you with lots of questions but I hope you get some answers and have a great time.

2. Re: Alora in Auguest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2018, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Alora
Recent Conversations
More Alora Topics