We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Cigars and Rum in Cienfuegos

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
94 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Cigars and Rum in Cienfuegos

I will be traveling to Havana, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba on a cruise next year and thought it might be cheaper to buy my rum and cigars in Cienfuegos. Any good ideas on where to do this?

2 replies to this topic
Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Cigars and Rum in Cienfuegos

Cheaper in Cienfuegos ? Than where ? Do you mean cheaper than Havana or SDC ?

Anyhow, in Cfgs. there is a pedestrian only street running west off the Prado to Parc Marti. This is filled with shops and halfway on a corner is a government cigar store .

Here there is excellent stock and variety . There is a walk-in humidor as well a windowed display case with the various brands. You can buy singles or full boxes. The staff is extremely knowledgeable.

Take your time to look and decide. They make great coffee expressos here and there is a smoking lounge upstairs .

Also there is shelves of most Cuban rums for sale. You'll receive receipts as well for you purchases.

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
94 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Cigars and Rum in Cienfuegos

Thank you Cactusbite - yes I meant cheaper than Havana. It appears on Google maps that the street you are referring to is San Fernando. Thank you, that is exactly the information I was looking for.

Reply to: Buying Cigars and Rum in Cienfuegos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cienfuegos