We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

We will be 3 days in Cienfuegos. The first day, we will take an included walking tour of Cienfuegos. I cancelled the included overnight to Havana due to my husband's walking difficulty, and the long 2 days. At first, it didn't sound like we would be able to wander Cienfuegos on our own. But now that the cruise ship has stopped there a couple times, it's sounding more and more like we can. The Bici-taxis sound like a fun and easy way to see the sites. What should we expect to pay for 1 or 2 hours? I have no idea. Any suggestions of things to see or do?

Thanks so much!

8 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,403 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

" At first, it didn't sound like we would be able to wander Cienfuegos on our own."

Why would you think that?

There are many tourists in Cienfuegos every day of the year.

I'd pay around 5 CUC an hour but you can be confident that if you try to take a bici-taxi from where the ship docks they will ASK for more.

Take a bici taxi or a horse and cart from the centre of town - Parque Jose Marti where the Opera House and Museum are on opposite sides - then along Calle 37 The Malecon to the end of the point at Punta Gorda and have a meal or drinks at the Yacht Club or the Marina.

There is a long pedestrian street just off the Parque - El Bulevar.

Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

The cruiseline stated we needed to stay with the tour groups. But now that a couple trips have been there, sounds like that's not the case. Somethin about being on 'People to People' sort of tours - have to put in so many hours before one can explore on their own. Returning cruisers are saying the tenders were running to about 1 or 2 in the morning, and guests and crew could do their own thing. Thank goodness. We do sooo much better taking our time and just doing our own thing. The provided tours do sound great, but they just don't work for us.

Thank you!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,403 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

When did you book the ship?

Anyway if you select Support for the Cuban People excuse you do NOT have to go on any tours!

Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

Thank you, Karina. What do you mean about selection 'support for the Cuban People excuse'? We booked the cruise close to a year ago.

Thanks again :-)

Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

Looks like we booked the trip October of 2016

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,403 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

From FAQ # 19

"However travellers who have already completed at least one travel-related transaction (such as purchasing a flight or reserving accommodation) prior June 16, 2017 may engage in related individual people-to-people travel and transactions WITHOUT using an authorised tour organiser."

So you DO NOT have to take any tour but can still tick the People to People excuse on the form that the Cruise Line will ask you to complete.

https:/…

Washington
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

That is such helpful information!! I can't thank you enough!!!!! Where is this information located? Thanks again!

Edited: 05 December 2017, 09:58
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,403 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?

@7 De nada. Click on link given in @6!

Reply to: Bici-taxis - approx. cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cienfuegos