We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Woodstock, Georgia
11 posts
Save Topic
Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Hi all,

The details of my September honeymoon in Maui has taken many turns. I thought we would be splitting our time between the Sheraton and the Four Seasons but now I am considering a condo for 4 nights instead of the Sheraton. I've read such great reviews about the Westin Kaanapali Villas Resort North. I've looked on VRBO and Homeaway and can't seem to find one with an oceanview for just the two of us. They are either unavailable in September or they are too big (2 bedrooms). Any other advice on websites where I could pin down a villa? I would hate to have to book this directly with Westin.

Thanks!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,010 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Most owners will not break up their weeks, as that is how we must book them. You might take a look at www.redweek.com for rentals by owner, however for 4 nights I'm thinking you will have to book directly with Starwood.

Level Contributor
402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

I would consider the Kaanapali Alii for your 4 night on the west side or even the Maui Kaanapali Villas. VRBO has lots of rentals and you can see the actual unit you will rent.

The Westin Villas are nice but very family oriented and it is quite a large property between the North & South properties. As mamma noted it will be very difficult to get just 4 days as most people that own there book 12 months in advance. Even if you find a good deal for 7 days and only use 4 make sure the unit was booked 8-10 months (can't remember which one) in advance or else the view category is not guaranteed. This can be avoided if you book directly with Starwood.

September is considered sholder season so you should be able to get some pretty good rates. Also check the Costco site. They have had some great deals on Hawaii lately.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

I've stayed there twice and love the place.. First time, I got a room on ebay.. 2nd time, I used this site..

http://www.wkorv.com/

Got an awesome rate since we booked 3 rooms.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Would also compare WKORV with the Kaanapali Aii and

Marriott - Napili Tower.

Woodstock, Georgia
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Thanks guys!! I appreciate your help. I'll look into the Kaanapali Ali, Kaanapali Villas, Marriott-Napili Tower and also the websites you suggested.

LA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Try craigslist. I purchased a week from an owner there at what I thought was a good rate, much better than booking directly with the hotel.

Maui
Level Contributor
70,225 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

Aloha,

I would be very, very cautious using Craigslist. There have been a number of scams in Hawaii, just like other resort and vacation destinations.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,814 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

I would stay with the Sheraton. Wonderful, wonderful resort and much better access to restaurants, shops, activities and such along that stretch of Ka'anapali Beach. Much more honeymoonish. Great rooms, lanai ... and a beautiful quiet beach at night.

Why do you want a condo? If you needed a condo, or if you had a much longer stay ... the Villas would be great. Four nights is a short stay for a condo and everything that goes with it.

There is no need to second guess your first choice. Relax ... you'll love the Sheraton, and you will be very happy. Focus on the wedding.

9. Re: Westin Kaanipali Ocean Resort Villas North

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 00:15