We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Upgrades At The Four Seasons??

Wolverhampton, U.K.
6 posts
Room Upgrades At The Four Seasons??

Hello All!

First off can I just say how glad I am to have found this fabulous forum! It's been so helpful in giving valuable advice you just don't find on glitzy websites and I love that it's honest reviews from real travellers!

Okay my question is regarding Room Upgrades at the Four Seasons. My fiancee and I shall be visiting the 4S for our Honeynmoon in September this year. We decided to really splurge as I have to admit, the 4S is a whole lot more expensive than the next best contender!

What I wanted to ask was what people's experiences have been with regards to room upgrades? I contacted my travel agent and asked if there was any chance of getting a free upgrade to a ocean view room with $100 daily resort credit, since it was our honeymoon...he basically said not a chance!

Do you think I should ring the resort in advance? I don't want to seem unclassy by asking for an upgrade rather than being offered one! I'm just afraid of being out of pocket after paying for food since from all the reviews it seems the restaurants on the resort are all pretty expensive!

(P.S. If you're wondering why I'm worrying about this after booking the 4S it's because wedding costs are escalating...and fast! An Indian Wedding banquet for 600 people don't come cheap!)

Any advice or guidance is much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Munesh

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
82 reviews
21. Re: Room Upgrades At The Four Seasons??

The road to hana is beautiful and there is probably nothing else like it in the entire world. It's something to be done with a full day set aside, even if you don't stop along the way the road from paia to hana is around three hours to drive. Research it and decide if you want to devote an entire day to this and then if you do ENJOY. I am prone to carsickness so I always take dramamine and all is good! there is a little roadside stand at mile marker 31 right before you enter the little town of hana, they have the most amazing banana bread made homeade by the people who run the stand. Oh my goodness. There are many stands you will pass selling banana bread but hold out for these guys and you won't be sorry. So moist and delicious. Six flavors including mango, chocolate chip, liliokoi, macadamia nut, pineapple, so make sure you stop here to stock up. It is baked fresh all day and usually the loaves are warm from the oven that you buy.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Edited: 21 June 2010, 21:35
22. Re: Room Upgrades At The Four Seasons??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 00:16