We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Seasons or Low Season?

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
274 posts
503 reviews
Save Topic
High Seasons or Low Season?

We arrive August 27th thru September 6th, is this high or low season? We are hoping for a relaxing (not getting up at 7am to reserve a chair at the pool) and quiet vacation...Any comments on upscale resorts with great "Adults only" pools? Thanks for your input.

Maui
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Seasons or Low Season?

That's Labor Day week...traditionally the end of the summer high season but anymore things kind of taper off rather than fall off as they did 10-15 years ago

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,291 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Seasons or Low Season?

High season. Last ditch attempt at a summer vacation for many families (of all sizes).

Consider the Hyatt on Ka'anapali. Their pool is huge, and the kids have a separate pool. I don't know that I would call it "adults only." You may need to check with them.

San Diego
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: High Seasons or Low Season?

We used to go in September and it would be pretty quiet, but it's actually become a pretty popular month. We've now pushed our trips into mid-October to miss the crowds. The Four Seasons has a beautiful adults-only pool (the Serenity Pool), but it's popular and fills up pretty early. They will put you on a wait-list and call your cell when chairs open up. Their regular pools (with complimentary cabanas) are really nice too. I've never been there when there has been a ton of kids, but again, we go after school starts. They do have a separate kids pool.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Seasons or Low Season?

You are coming during one of the most popular weeks in Hawaii. Everyone getting that last minute beach vacation in!! The Marriott in Wailea has a new adults only infinity pool.

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: High Seasons or Low Season?

It is a fairly quiet week compared to the rest of the summer.

Wailea Beach Villas has a very exclusive adult pool. You can always get a great seat at the pool or a complimentary private cabana unlike at the neighboring resorts. I recommend M311 if you are a couple or smaller family (www.waileabeachvillasresort.com)

6. Re: High Seasons or Low Season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 01:16