We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maui
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

My husband and I are planning a winter trip to Maui to celebratae our 40th anniversay. We would like to spend one week in Wailea and one week on another part of the island. The last time we were there we stayed at the Renaissance and loved it. It had such beautiful grounds and was so close to the beach. I understand the Renaissance is no longer there. Could someone please recommend another very nice resort to stay at in Wailea? We like to be near the ocean and walk on the beach.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
41,278 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

What is your budget? If you can afford the Four Seasons, it's the best hotel on the island. There is also the Grand Wailea, Wailea Marriott and the Fairmont. Down further south in Makena is the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
40,759 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

We can't really help you without an idea of your nightly accomodations budget. No kidding.

And a couple other comments:

+ Make sure to reserve your rental car in advance. Winter is HIGH season on Maui.

+ Make your hotel reservations soon (see above).

+ Consider visiting two islands instead of splitting your Maui trip between two resorts.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
19,566 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

I agree with BLBL. You could enjoy the Hyatt in Poipu on Kauai and a Wailea hotel -- 4S, Fairmont, Marriott are all good. If you split, start in Kaanapali and save the Wailea hotel for last.

You could also enjoy 4S Lanai for some of your two weeks -- or a condo.

If you want to come THIS winter, time's a-wastin'. HIgh Season means high occupancy and a run on rental cars.

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

For our 40th we went back and forth between FS Wailea and FS Hualalai. A special occasion calls for a special place and either of those really fit the bill.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

If budget isn't an issue then the Four Seasons has always been in my list of favorites.

Houston, TX
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

We just enjoyed three wonderful, peaceful nights at the 4S Lodge on Lanai. It is upcountry and more quiet than the sister property Manele (on the ocean). Yesterday we took the ferry over to Maui for the next leg of our vacation. 45 minute ride at $30 person; however, it was a little rough crossing. Check out the 4S Lanai because they've been running some great specials. In Wailea now at the Fairmont ... In fact I'm at beach with my iPad. lucky me.

Edited: 17 September 2011, 17:58
maui
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

Do you like the Fairmont? We have been looking at that propery also.

Houston, TX
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

So far so good at the Fairmont Kea Lani except don't book through Orbitz. Orbitz took our money and gave us a confirmation months ago but when I called to confirm with the hotel there was no reservation. We were able to get a room but with double beds. The Fairmont is all suites and our room is large and beautiful. There is some renovation going on so they have had some great room specials.

maui
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

We are seriously looking at the Four Seasons and am quite sure this will be where we decide to say. Are the room upgrades worth the extra money? We would love to have ocean views from our lani, but it is quite a lot more money for the ocean view.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel on Wailea for a 40th wedding anniversay?

We are at the grand wailia villas right now with family. The four seasons looks beautiful for couples we had our 40th yesterday! Gorgeous brunch at the grand wailia and dinner at an Oceanside resturant