We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

South Florida...
Level Contributor
284 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

Where do the locals eat ?

What do you recommend for reasonably priced (nothing fancy) - Seafood or other local foods ?

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

Don't know where the locals eat (at home, probably), but we enjoyed The Downrigger, right by the Coho ferry dock.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,689 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

The locals eat at McDonald's and KFC, just like everywhere in this country. There really are no hidden gems out here. The best food is at Alder Wood Bistro, a really good restaurant in Sequim. There are wonderful local ingredients, everything from great grass fed beef to superb oysters, but you have to buy them at local stores or the Farmers' Markets. This is one reason I suggest visitors who want to stay more than a day or two rent a place with a kitchen.

Good to Go (360) 457-1857 on Lauridsen Blvd. in PA, has terrific pastries, coffee, and a small but tasty selection of freshly made sandwiches. This is a good place to pick up picnic supplies.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

We had a good meal at the Chinese place right on the main intersection downtown. It was basic American style Chinese food, but lots of fresh vegetables (none on the Sweet and Sour Chicken, just as you'd expect).

Don't forget the mushroom ravioli at Bella and Edward's first date place right around the corner...

We didn't eat there, but we did meet some people who were eating there. It was fun to walk around and see the place, even at night. Everything except Jack in the Box was closed when we got to town around 11pm.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

C'est Si Bon is expensive but very good.

Kokopelli Grill is good.

Maria's Mexican Restaurant is a real find.

Sabai Thai is good.

I have not been to Wildfire Grill but it has a good reputation for seafood.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,689 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

No, Kokopeli is terrible. The margarita was a travesty, and the sauces and basic ingredients were frankly lousy. I love Santa Fe style cooking and have traveled to Arizona and New Mexico many times, and this restaurant is just plain bad. C'est Si Bon varies wildly. It is very old fashioned - more like a 1960s French restaurant than anything you'd find today. The meat quality is not high; it's not bad, just not very good. There's a lot of uninspired brown gravy. The snails in garlic butter are great, and the wine list is excellent.

Saba Thai is very good in a Pacific Northwest way The salmon in green curry is delicious. This actually is a restaurant where the locals eat, and I should have recommended it earlier.

I was not impressed by Maria's when I ate there several years ago. We used to have a great little taqueria in Port Angeles that served the real deal, but they closed. We have many Mexican folks in the area, and I wish more of them would open restaurants.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

OK thanks for the update on Kokopelli ... I think it has changed hands since i ate there last.

Likewise i am pretty sure that Maria's was a different restaurant with a different name until about a year ago. I liked the old one, but really like the new one.

7. Re: Restaurants in PA - Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 02:17