We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible move....scouting trip...help!

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
403 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Possible move....scouting trip...help!

Hello! My husband has accepted an interim position in CC and will be staying there for at least the next 60 days. We can accept the position permanently if we want, so looking for any/all information! To begin, he will have an apartment and we'll be traveling down to scout out the area and see if we would like to stay. What are the "must sees/dos" while we're there to get a good feel for the area? We're a youngish :) couple in our early 30's w/out kids...we love good food, art, live music...just fun! Currently, we live in Oklahoma City, which, while in the same part of the country is a much, much larger city, which is of some concern to me. We do, however LOVE the beach, but usually travel to the Caribbean or Florida and I DO understand there is a difference!

Just any info would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ingleside
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible move....scouting trip...help!

The Texas State Aquarium is a good start, as well as Brewster Street for live music and overall good fun and company. The Ferry ride across to Port Aransas is nice. The beach is nice there as well, not crowded during this time. If you like fishing, lots of deep sea trips going out. They have an Art Museum downtoun, as well as some shops in Corpus. There is a difference in the beach, white versus, sometimes over croded sea weed which can be really yucky as my kids say. Hope this helps.

2. Re: Possible move....scouting trip...help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi