We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padre Island - topless guidance

Which Corpus Christi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Padre Island - topless guidance

Does anyone knwo the rules and enforcement of those rules regarding females sunbathing topless? Thanks.

Marble Falls, TX
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

That must be a relatively new "feature" for Padre Island. I've been there several times and have never seen anyone intentionally topless. As far as I know, the sunbather would be asked to "cover up" or get arrested.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

Try this page for info: www.spireviews.com/articles/beach_rules.html

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

I live on Padre and there is no designated topless. It is prohibitted in public areas. But, at the area where public beach turns into national seashore you can walk a ways down the national seashore beach and maybe go topless. Officially it is not allowed. National seashore does not allow driving on beach.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

Of course you can, you can drive along the coast all the way down and back. People have been doing it and its perfectly legal. Ha! I even wrote a guide about it: spireviews.com/articles/four_wheel_south_pad…

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

skunker you are right I forgot about big shell.

corpus christi...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

In other civilized countries such as europe - women sunbath without their top if they like. It's a good idea. It's called freedom. By the way my grandfather would never walk on a beach without a shirt covering his nipples. Now I see men all the time walking beaches with their nipples showing. What should we do? Should we make a law against men showing their nipples?

Corpus Christi, TX
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

I am employed at the Malaquite Visitors Center at Padre Island National Seashore. We receive a lot of questions about nudity on the beaches. The bottom line is: nudity is prohibited at Padre Island National Seashore. The National Seashore has concurrent jurisdiction with the State of Texas, and therefore all Texas laws concerning public nudity are enforced. What action is taken concerning a complaint of nudity is up to the discretion of the investigating law enforcement officer.

Nonetheless, some local people persist in using one of our beaches as a nudist area, which it is not. They also publicize it as a nude beach, which may (intentionally or unintentionally) lead to legal trouble for anyone following their inaccurate advice.

corpus
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

The national seashore south of Bob Hall Pier seems to be where everybody does that. Thier are not many people that way. Besides that is Kleberg county which isn't policed very well.Out of sight out of mind. Just use common scence . In other words not around families or children and you should be OK.

9. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2007, 08:28
Corpus Christi
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Padre Island - topless guidance

Actually, women may go topless, as well as men. It is not the act of being topless that is illegal. The way you appear when topless is the standard.

Should you, while topless, act in a lewd or sexual fashion, then it is against the law. But just being topless is not against the law.

Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi