We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

Which San Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

I'm having a tough time deciding between the three. The rates are all the same and I'll be spending most of the time at a conference at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Want a convenient location (sounds like they all are) and clean and comfy accommodations (comfortable bed important).

Any thoughts? Thanks!

1. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 10:51
Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

Thanks very much! That's what I'd been leaning toward. :-)

And thanks for the blog link!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

I think you will be happy with any of the three. Go with the best deal.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

Yeah, that's what's tough. The price is exactly the same. Guess I'll stick with the closest. Thanks! (Good to know they're all good choices; maybe I'll try another on a future trip!)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

I totally agree you can't go wrong with any of them, there is no bad choice here just which may meet your criteria better.

Crockett is a good choice with it's historic charm.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
308 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

The Crockett hotel is an older hotel but beautiful. They offer a free breakfast buffet with waffles in the morning. The rooms are basic, clean, nothing too special. The beds are decent but not great in my opinion. The location is the best feature with it being literally next to the Alamo. The hotel Indigo at the Alamo is amazing. Rooms are beautiful, clean, modern and beds are super comfy. The location is is right next to the Alamo but not quite as close as the Crockett. The Gunter was a nice, beautiful hotel. I don't remember how comfy the beds were because it's been several years. I would probably recommend the Crockett or the Hotel Indigo over the Gunter. For ambiance and historic charm go with the Crockett. For modern luxuries and a beatiful room go with the Hotel Indigo. Both are great options. I hope this helps.

7. Re: Crockett, Indigo or Gunter (for a conference stay)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 05:30