We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide between these two for a trip within the next couple of weeks. I am interested in a fireplace and balcony and both have that at about the same rate. I like Inn of the Governors breakfast description and the saloon credit if booked through their website. I like Inn on Alameda's breakfast, happy hour and easier parking. Any insights to help with my decision?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
10,258 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

Inn on the Alameda or check out La Fonda on the Plaza

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

Inn on the Alameda gets my vote too. If it helps at all: Inn of the Governors is the typical hotel setup with the rooms arranged in a block around a pool area, public areas are on the main level. Inn on the Alameda is more of a B&B setup with the rooms arranged in clusters and the public areas are in the main building.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
480 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

Of the two I would choose Inn on the Alameda. It is quite charming with beautiful garden areas by the common areas and close to the plaza and Canyon Road.

To throw a kink in your plans, look at El Farolito, too.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

We stayed at Inn on the Alameda last year and were very pleased with our choice. It's a short walk to the Plaza, but blessedly quiet at night. It's also a short walk to Canyon Road, which is where I took my morning walk each day. Parking's a no-brainer, and the morning breakfast was a treat; we enjoyed sitting out on the terrace with it and the paper. They also have a little happy hour each day, but we were always too busy to take advantage. We'd stay there again.

5. Re: Inn of Governors or Inn on Alameda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Santa Fe