We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding parking during the months of June and July

Which Santa Fe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Finding parking during the months of June and July

Could you please let me know how difficult it is to find parking during the summer months? Is this rather impossible or??? I am looking for a vaction rental but I am not sure whether it must be walking distance to the center or could be also outside of it. Thank you!

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
474 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding parking during the months of June and July

There are several parking lots and on street parking (metered) in the Plaza area. The public lots are about $10 per day, which is not expensvie unless you make several trips downtown a day or a week. I can think of only one lot that is free for shoppers, off Guadalupe street, but it is almost always full and is not handy if you are going to the Plaza. During the daytime hours from 10 am to 5 pm traffic can be congested around the Plaza and on street parking can be difficult. If there is a festival downtown, the main streets around the Plaza will be closed to traffic. Hope this helps, but don't let it deter you from staying someplace that is a little further away from the Plaza - Santa Fe is a very walkable city.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding parking during the months of June and July

Parking around the Plaza can be dificult. if there is a special event (like Indian Market in August) it is impossible. In fact local residents make home-made signs that charge $10 or $15 to part in their driveway. On less crowded times, you can get places on some side streets, but you ususally have to drive around for a while.

So, yes, its a good idea to get a vacation rental within walking distance. Of course you will want a car to drive to many other areas not at the Plaza, but your home location is important. However, be sure you like the home you rent; some may be small standardized condos although some (esp. if you use an agency) have more style. I have used the follwoing link with success:

http://www.kokoproperty.com/short-term.php

3. Re: Finding parking during the months of June and July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Santa Fe