We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back

Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Just back

Stayed at The Francis Malbone Inn again last weekend. Great time. The Tavern at the Black Pearl had great chowder. Dinner at SPARK was really good. Try the shrimp nachos. The 3 mansions decorated for xmas were great. Have never been at xmas time before. The Breakers was truly breathtaking. If you are considering going during this xmas season do yourself a favor and go. Get the winter passport which includes all 3 mansions for only 25.00. What a bargain! Thanks to all who post and give helpful advice.

NYChubby

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
1. Re: Just back

Thanks for the trip report. I'm pretty sure that Tucker's and Spark have the same shrimp tacos. The former chef at Tucker's, Sue Zinno, left to head the kitchen at Spark and makes them there now. Tucker's still makes them as well. They are very, very good. They're called Thai Shrimp Nachos at Tucker's. The same at Spark?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: Just back

NewyorkChubby - glad you had a great time! Good tip on the lodging. We are looking for a new B&B as the one we used to go to changed hands. It is true about the Breakers! Fabulous decorations. Of course it is the most opuluent, over the top of the mansions so it is what you'd expect.

Also if people get the 3 mansions Winter passport and aren't able to use all 3 tickets, a good thing to note: the tickets are undated and can be used in future years during winter time. We did this with an extra ticket we weren't able to use several years ago and used it this time to view the Elms decorated for Christmas. I think this is true of all the mansion tickets that they don't expire and can be used in other years but must be used in appropriate season that is listed on the ticket.

Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Just back

I know they are Sue's recipe but they tasted better at Spark. The nacho part was tastier there. I thought they were called Nacho's at both places. Thanks for the tip about the tickets. I forgot they honor them for a year. I loved room 3 at the Mansion but we stayed in room 2 this time. In the old part of the mansion on the second floor with fireplace.

I LOVE NEWPORT!

NYChubby

4. Re: Just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 15:20