We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

We're off to Honolulu for Christmas. What can we expect the weather to be like?

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

Temperature is basically the same all year but December is generally has the most rain. Locals would be able to tell you better, but here is some stats:

weather.com/weather/…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

There's only about a 5 degree difference between summer and winter. I think Dec is great. Cooler and a little more rain. Our rainy season is in winter and our dry season is in the summer. We have been on an NCL cruise around the islands in late Nov-late Dec that past few years and weather was great.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

Thanks Sheila8

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

I've been to Hawaii for Christmas a few times. Just pack an umbrella because it might rain a couple days. Most people head over to the North Shore to watch the big waves roll in.

Brirish Columbia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

Hi , We have been to Honolulu several times for Christmas and are going again this year. We have always have had wonderful weather. If it did rain it was always short (10-15 mins).

If this is your first time going for Christmas take a day and do a Hotel walk and check out the decorations. Its just AWESOME!.

If you are going with children, Santa arrives by catamaran at the Hilton Hawaiian and passes out candy to the kids on the Beach.

I can almost be sure it will not be your last trip to the Island for Christmas. You'll be hooked!

Aloha

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

Thanks G1952.

It's our first time to Hawaii and I've been busy reading up. We're only in Honolulu for 3 full days and 2 half days. I was thinking of spending a day at Hanauma Bay, another in the north of the island doing the Hawaii Shark Encounters tour, and one evening at Paradise Cove Luau. Have any of you been to any of these? Is it a good way to spend our time or does anyone have alternative suggestions? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

7. Re: What's the weather in Honolulu end of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 06:22