We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

I don't drive. two people.

What's the cost for cab ride? shuttle or public bus ? What's the best way ?

the bus seems take up to 50 mins, we will arrive around 130pm during weekday.

Thanks

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
44,025 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

Aloha,

You are very limited as to luggage on the public bus.

A taxi will run about 30.00 to the Ala Moana.

There are shuttle services at the airport, though you might come out better for 2 using Hawaii23.com they have been very well reviewed here in the forums, and cost 23.00 for up to 4 people so you'd be good.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

SWM is right on target. The public bus is fun and economical, but if you have any big luggage they won't let you go. Basically a carry on that sits on your lap. It all depends on the driver.

I like a taxi as it requires no advance planning.

I've never used Hawaii 23 and can't comment good or bad. You can research them on TA.

Enjoy!

Seattle
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

I always suggest just grabbing a taxi. They are right there waiting outside baggage claim. When I'm alone I might use one of the shuttle busses that loops around dropping people off to save money, but with 2+ people together a taxi is not that much more $ and way quicker.

The public bus doesn't work from the airport assuming you have suitcases. See www.thebus.org website for what you can and can't take on a bus.

suze

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

The cost for a taxi is about $30.00 one way. The bus does not allow luggage.

The new "official" shuttle at the airport charges $14.55 per person. You wait for the bus to show up and then wait until they fill it up.Try Star Taxi

1-808-942-7827. They charge a set price of $25.00.one way. You make a reservation the day before you are arriving and they will have a car waiting for you when you arrive.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

is the 1888 number reliable ? to make a reservation ? Thanks. 25 dollar one way? is there limit for number of passages? 2 people.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,111 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

I used Hawaii23, which was a great price and service! :)

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

The number is 1-808-942-7827. If you are calling from the mainland U.S. or Canada, the toll free number is 1-800-671-2999.

WNY
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

I agree with the recommendation of Hawaii23.com. We used them when we were there in May and couldn't have been more pleased. Mark is a very friendly young man! To give you an idea, he called to say he was going to be five minutes late picking us up to go to the airport - I wouldn't even have thought anything of him being five minutes late, but it was nice of him to let us know.

9. Re: transportion from airport to Ala Moana Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 05:19