We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

Chicago, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

Has anyone ever had a good experience with a bus tour company to Yellowstone? I will be flying into Salt Lake City Utah and want to have a 4 day experience in Yellowstone.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Teton Wildlife Safari in...
116 Reviews
US$109 per adult
Yellowstone National Park and...
86 Reviews
US$229 per adult
Yellowstone National Park Tour from...
130 Reviews
US$285 per adult
Free Cancellation
9 replies to this topic
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,851 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

Please be really cautious about bus tours. BEFORE you book come back to us with your choice. The ones to avoid are TAKE tours and Tours4Fun. They are both aimed at the Chinese tourist market and altho they say they are bilingual many report they are not really.

Will you have a way to get from SLC to Yellowstone?

If yes, then I would suggest one of the tours thru Xanterra, the lodging concessioner, or Yellowstone Forever!, the non-profit group that supports the educational mission of the park.

Xanterra:

https:/…

Yellowstone Forever!:

www.yellowstoneforever.org

Pam

Chicago, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

Thanks a million Pam! I heard about those other tours. I will follow your advice. Thank you!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
23,851 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

OH good...it looks like you have been doing some leg work which is great. I didn't mean to sound so stern about reporting back to us before booking, lol!! You would not believe how many people book cr*ppy tours with no research then come on to TA to complain how bad they were!

Pam

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

Do make note of Pam's question about getting to YNP. There is no public transportation into the park.

Edited: 12 December 2017, 13:36
Chicago, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

You didn't sound stern at all! I much rather have some warn me before I shell out lots of hard earned cash! I shall definitely let you know! Thanks so much!

Chicago, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

I understand about the public transportation however I'm hoping their are chartered tours that are allowed in or is it like the Grand Canyon they have their own buses?

Mentioned in this post
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

Chartered tours are allowed in, however those suggested by Pam require you to get to the park, they don't start in SLC.

Chicago, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

I understand thanks so much!

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone

There are smaller tour companies. Have you seen the list of approved providers? I have not read each to see if any pick up in SLC.

https:/…transbusn.htm

I have no personal connection or experience, but I love the Yellowstone Tour Guides facebook page and their approach to touring the park.

Reply to: Bus tour companies for Yellowstone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted