We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on flying from London to Trat via Bangkok

London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Advice on flying from London to Trat via Bangkok

Has anyone made a recent flight from London to Trat Airport connecting through Bangkok using Thai Air from London to Bangkok and Bangkok Airways from Bangkok to Trat. I have 2 questions.

1) Arriving Bangkok at 05.45 on Thai Air flight is there enough time to catch the Bangkok Air 08.30 flight to Trat?

2) Has anyone had experience of checking bags all the way through from London to Trat and clear customs there? Previous reports seem uncertain as to whether this facility is available at Trat Airport?

Many thanks for any help that can be given.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
3 replies to this topic
Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
68 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on flying from London to Trat via Bangkok

i have the exact same question and just came on here to search the answer.... as it looks like in order to have a direct flight to bangkok it means i cant get a through ticket...

as the airlines that do through tickets are not direct

bangkokair.com/pages/view/check-in-through

How did you get on? was 3hrs enough to clear baggae, immigration and go through check in again?

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on flying from London to Trat via Bangkok

We did this trip in July and there was no problem in making the transfer between the flights that I referred to. Bangkok airport was easy to follow the signs and proceed through immigration, collect our baggage and then walk to the domestic flight section of the airport, where we checked in again with Bangkok Air to Trat.

This was low season so the airport was quieter, but the whole process was very straight forward and took less than 1.5hrs.

Thai Air will not check baggage through from London to Trat. This may be because Bangkok Air own Trat airport. I believe some airlines may check baggage through, possibly Emirates, Qatar, but it is difficult to find exact information on this.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on flying from London to Trat via Bangkok

Hi

Bot I don't have experience from U.K. To Trat. However I do have with bags transfer.

Bangkok airs and Thai have interlining agreements that one can check bags trough. But since March last year Bangkok airways changed it rules they will only check your bags throuh if you purchase "one ticket" from starting point to destination in your case UK to Trat.

If you have purchased two separate tickets then you will have to pick up your your bag and re checking in with Bangkok airways so in this case your time frame maybe too short for 8.30am flights.

Regarding immigrations " immigration must be done first port of call" in your case is in Bangkok.

** if your bag check through then you're transit passengers** you will remain on the airside and do immigrations on the airside.

Whenever I fly through I make sure I have more than 2hours between. In the past I had my bags left behind 4 times ( 1 with Thai airs, 2 with Bangkok airways, 1 with Singapore airways) due to flights delayed. We made it to the flights but our bags didn't. We got our bags of couse next day but it was very inconvenient.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Reply to: Advice on flying from London to Trat via Bangkok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted