We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

Delhi
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

Hi, I was wanting to do this journey by an expess boat to get a view of the fjords from the sea?

Are there any such boat services? If yes, how long do they take? and what may be the approximate cost?

Would welcome ideas, if any.

regards, AG

Scotland
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

The problem when you are short of time is that distances and hence travel times are greater in Norway than you initially imagine. There are express boats from Svolvær to Bodø, a journey of three and a half hours, but you are still a long way from Trondheim. I don’t think there is an express boat that completes that onward route and you may have to continue by air or other form of transport which could take the rest of the day.

Alternatively taking the Hurtigruten ship from Svolvaer you would depart the previous evening at 19:30, spend all the next day relaxing and enjoying the scenery from the ship, and arrive in Trondheim early the following morning at 06:30 The overall time would be similar, the two cabin nights on the ship replacing accommodation for a night each in Svolvaer and Trondheim prior to your onward journey, but the experience feels more like holiday than merely travelling.

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Trondheim
Trondheim
Trondheim Municipality, Norway
Svolvaer
Svolvaer
Vagan, Norway
Delhi
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

thanks for the reply.

given the shortage of time, I have dropped the plans of Lofoten much against my desire.

hopefully another time! thanks again.

regards.

Mentioned in this post
Lofoten Islands
Lofoten Islands
Nordland, Norway
Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

I understand from your earlier posts that you are going to Bergen. Spend the days in Bergen area! So much worth seeing.

My advise: http://www.norwaynutshell.com/default.asp

Mentioned in this post
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Delhi
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

Thats a good suggestion. Have looked at this option quite carefully. Suddenly realized that Flam is such great place. Will be back with more questions.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Flam
Flam
Aurland Municipality, Norway
5. Re: Are there express boats from Lofoten islands to Trondheim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:41