We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Topic
Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

I will arrive for my 7th visit 10/20---the day LittleMiss is getting married. (Hopefully I will be an observer if all goes as planned) I inquired on the roll call thread if anyone would be interested in a meet/greet. JamaicaSteve suggested the 26th as he will be in the area. So folks: LittleMiss, Durhampro, Maryeh, TropicalDreamer, Zammmy, AaronAlexpt, and JaSteve ----anyone still interested? These are the folks that will be there in the same time frame, that I'm aware of from the roll call thread. If I've missed anyone, please jump on in! I think this would be lots of fun, and an added bonus to our vacations.

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

I will be there - really looking forward to it

LMN

x

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Count us In! The 26th sounds great!

We need more details about when and where.

This is our first time to this resort so lets here some suggestions.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Open for suggestions---LittleMiss, JamaicaSteve, and I are return visitors, so we are familiar w/resort. OR...just a thought---we could meet east of the resort on Burwood beach, which is a public beach off Starfish property...easy ,safe walk, contribute to the economy by purchasing beverages at Sonny's place, and perhaps some of the locals we've made friends with could /would join us too.

Colorado
Level Contributor
67 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

We are first timers to jamaica so any tips from return visitors is always helpful. Thanks for the invite. We will be there the 24th thru the 30th with absolutely nothing to do, so count us in.

ottawa
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

We'd love to meet our new TA friends. Count us in for sure . It's been really helpful in planning our trip and I'd like to say thanks in person.

Cheers!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Hey 1luv1heart - Our preference would be to plan initially for meeting on-site at the resort. It's our first time in Jamaica - not sure of the landmarks plus we have an 11 year old child - probably easier to supervise her on-site. If we want to drift on to the beach, we could always do so or maybe better yet, set up a second meeting!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

How about meeting by the lobby bar or beach grill area on the 26th @ 2p.m.? Everyone will be able to find it , and as Durham stated, we can move to another location if we wish. Anyone with other ideas?

Elmsdale, Nova...
Level Contributor
477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Sounds great I'm looking forward to meeting my TA friends.. We can meet wherever its best for the majority..though I would love to go to have drinks at Sonny's Place one day while in Jamaica..Maryeh & I were discussing this..6 more sleeps..CHEERS!!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Hello everyone!

Here's my take... From what I understand everyone other than myself will be staying at Starfish for several days... Myself, I might be staying there for a night or two, but I'll likely be staying mostly in Negril and Runaway Bay... I will make a final decision as to where I'm staying when and then hopefully I can arrange a time to meet all of you... Most of you will likely already have met by the time I get there, I might be staying there on the 24th so if so, I think I'd rather do something then. If I'm not staying at Starfish at all, I will most likely go there as mentioned for the 26th and we can all meet then as planned.

Durham... NO worries about what 1luv suggested... By your second or third day there you'll see that there's no problem just walking the beach down to where Sonny's place is... It's all on the same beach and completely safe.

I was thinking maybe we could all grab drinks together at Time N Place... It's even closer in the opposite direction on the beach. You just walk past the Bamboo Village and the Pebbles Hotel and it's right next door. GREAT spot there too.

Or as mentioned we could just hang in the lobby bar too...

I will make my final bookings this week.

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
547 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meet/Greet @Starfish/October

Hey Steve,

I will have to rely on your expertise in this area. But seeing that you are the visiting variable I think we should arrange our plans to accommodate you. If you can post your plans asap it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Get answers to your questions about Falmouth