We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

Which Pissouri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

I've been looking at villas for next June and came across this one cypruspropertyvillas.com/cyprus-villa-galini… it looks like just what we're after, secluded but not too far away from amenities, but unfortunately it has no reviews. Can anyone tell me what this area is like, and if anyone has stayed in this particular villa I'd love to hear from them. Thanks :)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

I don't know the villa but from the description it says 5 minutes from the Bay. They don't specify whether that is walking or driving.

Pissouri village is on the hill and Pissouri Bay is 10 minutes drive from the main village; at the bay there are small shops and some restauarants.

You don't say if you are planning to have a car or not and I would certainly recommend it for travelling around and for trips to the main supermarket, which is out on the B6 road before you go up the hill to the village.

There's a map of the village in the top questions to the right of the posts page

Edited: 17 December 2011, 07:33
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

Thanks for the reply :) We're planning on getting a car for a few days only so need to be able to have a local shop etc.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

We certainly find that hiring a car for the whole trip is more economical than using taxis to get to and from the airport and also the small shops charge premium prices so we tend to use them for one off things like milk etc

Pissouri, Cyprus
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

Hi. I am the owner of Villa Galinios and can answer your questions.

The villa is about 300 metres from the village centre. The walk to the village takes 5 minutes but it is all up hill!! My parents aged 70 can do it easily but people who struggle with walking would find it difficult. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the village. The bay is a 5 minute (2km) drive. I would suggest that a car is essential if you stay anywhere in Pissouri either the village or the bay. The bay is limited to restaurants only, there is no bar unlike the village which has a few quiet bars where visitors sit outside on the cobbled streets.

I hope this helps and if you want any further info please ask.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

Hi! Thanks for your reply..I have booked your villa and am really looking forward to our stay on May 30th. Can you advise the best place to hire a car? Thanks :)

Pissouri, Cyprus
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

Hi Abby, if you booked Easyjet flights the cheapest is to use their car hire through Europcar. But also try Carhire3000 as they have good deals.

You're the booking who would like the children's toys?

Regards Russell

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

Hi Russell, yes that's us, we have little ones who will really appreciate the toys :) We booked our flights with Thomson, but I'll have a look at Europcar and carhire 3000 as you suggested..we need a 7 seater with child and baby seats so want to get it booked in plenty of time.

8. Re: Cyprus Villa Galinios in pissouri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pissouri