We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

worcs england
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

Hi all,

Myself and three friends are flying in to Girona airpot in August 2012 for 6 nights, we want a resort with lots of nightlife and a nice beach but we think that Lloret is a bit too much for us (we are late 20s so not so in to the 18-30s thing).

Looking at Calella?

Any advice is gratefully appreciated

Thanks for looking!

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

Think Calella would suit you very well.

Excellent beaches, Spanish character and plenty going on - plus great shopping!

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

i would not put you off lloret as i think it is a great place regardless of age, but august may be a bit too busy with the number of 18-30.

calella has nice beach, good shopping and plenty of bars, restaurants and nightlife but is not as full on as lloret.my personal view is that it is not as good as it was a few years ago as a lot of bars have suffered from the AI hotels, smoking ban, less money around etc and many have closed.it is still a good choice though.

i would also look at malgrat, which for years was viewed as the "oldies" resort in the area, but has become a bit more cosmopolitan in the last few years and provides a decent nightlife, a good beach and some decent shopping in the old part of town. it is not a full on party resort, but can give you enough choice to have a great holiday.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

Calella is a good choice, Malgrat too. Another option is Blanes. All three are on the rail line to Barcelona if you wanted to visit there.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

Lloret de Mar would be your best bet for lots of nightlife but if you want something less hectic you may also want to consider Calella, Santa Susanna and Tossa de Mar. Have fun!!

worcs england
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

Thanks so much everyone for your replies, I am going to take a look now at all of your suggestions! I will let you know where we choose. We definitely don't want to stay in lloret now so the suggestions are much appreciated!

6. Re: Resort other than Lloret for group of girls in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:16