We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Porthmadog

Wokingham, England
2 posts
Save Topic
Parking in Porthmadog

We are planning on doing the WHR to Caernarfon, staying overnight in Caernarfon and doing the return journey the next day. Can anyone please recommend a good place to park overnight?

Many Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,247 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Porthmadog

Caernarfon or Porthmadog..? When I visit I try to book a hotel with car parking....

Wokingham, England
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Porthmadog

In Porthmadog

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,247 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Porthmadog

So where are you staying overnight in Portmadog? Not possible to park there? You could park at the railway station for free over night, but whether it is safe I don't know...

Edited: 02 July 2014, 10:09
Porthmadog, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Porthmadog

The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway have a car park...though I don't think they allow overnight parking - maybe ask someone at the booking office if they could accommodate you.

Otherwise, the majority of car parks are pay and display, and don't offer an overnight option. There is however one free carpark with no time constraints. It's down by the harbour...ummm hopefully you can work out directions from this link - if not, drop me a message and I'll try and help :) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.92442,-4.130657,3a,75y,217.09h,73.74t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sD2W7gTfV-VCahxH-GWdxRw!2e0

Reply to: Parking in Porthmadog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Porthmadog