We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitoes??

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
mosquitoes??

I heared something about dangerous mosquitoes (West Nile virus) in Greece. I don't know where is the infected area. I hope this is not Santorini! But I hate all of mosquitoes, because love my blood too much . So, do you think is necessary to bring a spray against mosquitoes?

Athens
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: mosquitoes??

The virus that you describe exists in Greece at this time. Approx 150 people have been infected, most of them in nothern Greece. There is not a problem in the islands. I have visited Santorini many times and opposite to other islands, there are very few mosquitoes there.

Despite all that, it is better to be safe and take precautions...

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: mosquitoes??

Thanks a lot.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,930 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: mosquitoes??

Bring repellant anyway. Despite how dry Santorini is, there ARE mosquitoes there as well as tiny 'no-see-ums' that bite.

Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
4. Re: mosquitoes??

i despise the no-see-ums and they love me!

Anyway, bring repellent and also it may be handy to buy a plug in repellent from a supermarket once you arrive so your hotel room will be mosquito free during the night too!

5. Re: mosquitoes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2011, 01:59
Get answers to your questions about Perissa
Recent Conversations