We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faliraki

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Faliraki

I know there's not much action on the forum this time of year but I was recently at a family gathering and talking about holiday destinations. I can't believe how many people still think faliraki is party town filled with drunken teenage revellers and large groups of lads. I was on a lads holiday myself in faliraki in 2001 and it was an experience I'll never forget. I fell in love with the island of Rhodes. I came back in 2015 with my partner and had the best 2weeks ever. I explained to my relatives that faliraki is now a perfect holiday destination for young couples, older couples and people with children of all ages. There must be a hell of a lot of people who don't even consider faliraki for holidays based purely on outdated preconceptions. This year me and the Mrs went to gran canaria ... Never again. And majorca which although we really enjoyed it it really made us realise how much we love the greek islands. I've tried to convince as many people as I can about faliraki but don't know if they will give it a go. Me and the Mrs will be back in July and dare I say every year after that.

23 replies to this topic
mid wales
Level Contributor
282 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faliraki

It's so much easier to hear about the bad than the good. Faliraki is now a lovely resort, very family orientated. Spread the word!!

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Faliraki

Hi Ian....sometimes you have to travel to other destinations to realise just how much Greece has to offer and I have read many times that Faliraki is a changed resort now. We called there for a day way back in 1996 I think it was. More than anything, I remember how nice the beach was. Also, because it was daytime, we didn't encounter any problems anyway. Glad you enjoy it and intend to return. Will do my best to promote Faliraki should the opportunity arise. 👍👍

Edited: 18 December 2017, 11:35
england
Level Contributor
379 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Faliraki

We were staying in Pefko's, went to Faliraki, we are both retired and loved it !! We always stay there now when visiting Rhodes, we love all the Greek Islands that we have visited, we went to Chalkidiki last year , we did not like it at all, we are going to stick with the islands in future, roll on May!

London, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Faliraki

If Faliraki has changed from party central to a very nice family friendly resort then what should I expect from a night out with friends and family .

I will be with my 3 nieces aged between 21 and 17 so will there be some lively places for them to visit .....music bars etc .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Faliraki

Had a superb lads holiday in the late 90s in Faliraki. Our apartments were nothing short of disgraceful but at that age we couldn’t care less - it was all about the nights out on bar street and days lounging at the beach. Not a prayer I’d consider the resort as it was then for a family holiday!

More recently with the missus and young kids it’s tended to be Pefkos or Lindos whenever we’ve holidayed on Rhodes. Both resorts provide exactly what we’re now looking for. Good beaches, great restaurants, lively but not overly lively nightlife and stuff to see and do with a good choice of trips.

However after reading about how Faliraki has changed over the years on this site and others, we’ve decided to give it a go and have booked 11 nights in late May/early June. Hoping it doesn’t let us down but from what I’ve read and the research I’ve done I’m confident it won’t. Fingers crossed!

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Faliraki

Ian we too love Greece, Parga being our favourite. We are going to Falaraki in May with our daughter & family who have been going every year. Previously been to Pefkos in 2001 with same daughter when she was 11. Heading over to Symi for a couple of days.

People's perception of an island based on one or two resorts can be misleading. Like you saying never again to Gran Canaria, had we been say at Playa del Ingles probably would have agreed, but doing research before a holiday helps & we love Puerto Morgan, full of retirees & young families.

Our daughter assures us we will like Falaraki as lots of older people go! Lol

Edited: 23 December 2017, 10:18
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Faliraki

Hi gracie you will love faliraki there's no comparison with gran canaria. Faliraki beach is probably the best beach we've ever been on and the scenery on the whole island is beautiful, where as Puerto Rico we found the man made beach was not just horrid but also dangerous for the little ones with a nasty drop off. Also the island is one big grey rock. Faliraki has miles of golden sand gently sloping backed by tavernas on the sand. There are young couples older couples retired people young family's even still groups of girls and lads but nothing to the excess of the mad years. I'm 51 and my Mrs just older. For us it's the best place to holiday. But we also think that corfu was the most breathtakingly stunning place we've ever seen (cheeky week in Oct) but Rhodes will always be our favourite.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Faliraki

Agree with you on Corfu being lovely, go every year for a few days before getting ferry to Igoumenitsa for Parga. Yes looking forward to it.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Faliraki

Thanks for this. I was considering here with my husband and 18 year old son and his girlfriend. The reputation put me off but I think you have changed my mind. Going to give it a chance.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Faliraki

You will love it. As I said earlier faliraki is perfect for people of every age. Hope you have a really great holiday.

Reply to: Faliraki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faliraki