We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes airport departures

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rhodes airport departures

Is the departure system a nightmare in Rhodes airport and how long should i allow on departure

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
64 replies to this topic
Co Armagh
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Rhodes airport departures

Returned home Wednesday night Thursday morning , the airport was a nightmare, used Thompson transfers and only just made it to the gate for boarding , this experience has put me off ever going to Rhodes again , when we got back to Belfast BFS on the conveyer belt was a suitcase marked BRS going round and round ,think that's Bristol.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Rhodes airport departures

Your experience of Thomson transfers could happen anywhere in the world.

So maybe you should holiday in Ireland in future.

Scotland
Level Contributor
195 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Rhodes airport departures

We returned last Saturday and breezed through the airport! We were flying with Jet2 though and they always seem to be pretty good (in my experience), no queue to speak of. However, we did hire a car and got to the airport in plenty of time, so no stress. There was a huge queue for one of the other tour operators but that was maybe due to their coaches all dropping off at once.

Co Armagh
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Rhodes airport departures

Trevor m I have been all over the world , I holiday twice a year from the Caribbean to Cyprus to India and all over Europe, never ever seen an airport like it in my life and I am 60yrs old next year , why should I go to Ireland ? It is to expensive , cheaper going abroad, going in December to Portugal for the 5th time , you get time to relax and shop, Don't know why you bought Ireland up anyway as I live in the UK.

Edited: 28 September 2017, 17:01
Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Rhodes airport departures

We came back last night. Our experience, as last year was fine as we travel with EJ. Got to the desk, only two couples in front. We always book a private transfer, so got to the airport at 4.50pm for a 7.40pm flight so I suppose that helped but there never seems to be much of a queue and as others have said, the likes of Thomson and TC are the worst. Their queues were very long. Having said that, whatever the wait, it wouldn't put me off going to Rhodes.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Co Armagh
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Rhodes airport departures

Good to get open views in the last couple of comments about different travel operators, enjoyed my time in Rhodes anyway , nice people and nice country ,just the airport pissed me off.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Rhodes airport departures

Hey all, I’ve read some interesting comments in this post, the one about how awful Kos airport was made me chuckle, that place felt like a third world country! We did make the mistake that time of getting to the airport just after the coaches as well……. To my questions; I have recently had spinal fusion and am therefore keen to keep queuing to a minimum, even if it means getting to the airport earlier than we normally would. We will be in the ruck on Wednesday 18th October, what would people suggest would be the best time to get there for a 19:30 flight? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Rhodes airport departures

3 hours before departure time

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Rhodes airport departures

Thanks Trevor

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Rhodes airport departures

We arrived on the 25th September at 2000 for our 22:15 flight to Manchester. The check in process and separate x-ray queue took a whole 15 minutes. Toilets near the escalators to security the men's seemed OK, the ladies were out of order though so disabled toilets being used.

Security took all of 3 minutes.

Bought a bottle of Diet Coke from duty free €1.30 and missus bought a coffee €4.50 toilets the men's in departures were surprisingly all in working order and clean.

We were boarding at 2130 and we took off early at 2205.

It's not perfect but it isn't horrendous like some people make out. Oh and our baggage was 22.8kg and 23.9kg on Jet 2's baggage allowance. The check in lady just smiled and said it's fine.

Roll on September 2018 back to Rhodes for my 8th time. Love the place.

Edited: 29 September 2017, 20:57
Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Reply to: Rhodes airport departures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town