We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy will Ixia be early May

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How busy will Ixia be early May

Planning to squeeze 10 days away early May but just thinking about how busy it will be. Will most places be open and what is the weather really like we are looking at Avra Beech so any info on that would be appreciated.

Cheers

7 replies to this topic
Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

HI Paul. Everything will be open but it won't be crazy busy yet. Enjoy.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

Ixia is a seasonal resort so will still be fairly quiet in May. There will be shops, bars and restaurants open but not all. Some will still be a work in progress, after the winter.

The weather is a bit more unpredictable than high summer. I'm in Greece early May, more often than not and the majority of days are warm and sunny but an overcast or rainy day is still possible. Nights can still feel a bit chilly, especially on that North West coast.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Greece
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

I went through Ixia in the car this morning at about half 11 and it didn't even look busy now in August, main reason being that it's not really a holiday resort, more a long string of all inclusive hotels that most people rarely leave, all set along a windy, stony beach. Arrived back in Faliraki an hour later and it was 'bustling', 20 or so customers sat in our bar which for 1pm is good seeing as we're more a night time place, plenty walking around the shops too. I dint even dare venture onto the beach in August , I like it quiet

Mentioned in this post
Faliraki
Faliraki
Rhodes, Greece
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

Thanks for the messages. We will probably get the buss into Rhodes town a few nights as we like to eat out 3 to 4 times during our stay. It shouldn't br to warm for an afternoon stroll to take in the area and maybe the odd hostelry on the way.

cheers

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
141 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

We've just booked a week in Ixia on 19th May. Hoping to get into Rhodes Town by bus and maybe also hire bicycles to get out and about in the vicinity. Hope the days are warm, with some sun. Been years since I've been to Rhodes and I cannot recall which month.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

You'd be very unlucky if you didn't have warm days with some sun Deborah, the weather is usually a bit more settled towards the end of the month. Nights can still drop a bit, if it's breezy though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How busy will Ixia be early May

Hi.

I've been to lindos last 4 years first couple of weeks of May. Weather in general has been very good 25c or so. In 2 weeks you may get the odd storm. The weather from Ixia to lindos can be 5c to 8c warmer in lindos. Because the weather has been so good over the last few years many properties are opening in April.

Peter.

Reply to: How busy will Ixia be early May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town