We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

hi, looking to book the holiday village Rhodes for September. I just have a couple of questions.

1. Is it worth going deluxe? and can you upgrade for cheaper when u get there? how much would this be?

2. I read on the first choice website that if you go deluxe you get use of a separate restaurant and swim up bar and adults only bar, is that correct? cause on the holiday villages own website it mentions that only the restaurant and a pool bar (not swim up) are available for deluxe guests only. I would find it strange that you cant use the swim up bar or adults only bar unless you go deluxe, especially as the swim up bar seems to be the only bar to get drinks on the relax side.

3. What time does the entertainment finish? and what time does the last bar close?

4. How safe are these kids clubs? I have a 4 year old and he would love the clubs but I would never normally think to leave him in another country but from what I have read a lot of people do.

Thanks x

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Village Rhodes
Holiday Village Rhodes
2,522 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

The Deluxe area rooms are around a separate (smaller) pool in an area only available to Deluxe guests. In that area there is a restaurant and bar (by the pool) but I didn't see any 'in pool' bar. There is a pool bar in the Relax area pool which everyone can use. This closed at about 6pm if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure it's really worth much extra (unless the restaurant is fantastic) as entertainment is mostly in the Activity area so you'll probably not spend that much time in the Deluxe area.

When we were there last June evening entertainment finished about 11pm and All Inclusive drinks finished at midnight so even though bars were opened later most people went to bed soon after.

Kids club appeared to be very safe as run by First Choice (British staff) and was very popular. We has slightly older kids so didn't use it. There's was in a clubhouse with fenced off areas so children couldn't wander off.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

Thanks for the info. Was you able to use the adult only bar?

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

No, I don't remember seeing an adults only bar so if there is one it must have been in deluxe.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

How many a la carte restaurants were there? I have heard there is 3 restaurants that you can eat in each of them once, a Mexican, Italian and Greek grill, is that correct? Thanks for your help.

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

Last year we were only told about the Italian and Greek restaurants, although I spoke to someone who did get booked into the Mexican. I'm not sure if the Mexican is such a big secret any more. We could book each restaurant once and you had to queue in reception in the mornings to get a booking a few days ahead. Do it early in your holiday as they get booked-up very quickly.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 19:00
Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

Hi we were there two years ago and have booked up for next year. There was an adults only bar near the Deluxe area but adults from all areas were allowed to use it. We were in Relax area and drank there a couple of nights. There is a pool bar in each separate pool areas including the Deluxe. Enjoy!

7. Re: Holiday village Rhodes, a few questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 00:15
;