We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info please!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Info please!

This time next week we will be on our way!!! We ha ve a few questions!

What are the current daytime temperatures?? Is there a breeze?? Are the mozzies biting? Does the temperature drop much in the evenings?

We are staying at the marathon hotel, is there any day time activities??

Thanks ........

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info please!

We have just returned from Lardos, Rhodes. Daytime temperatures are around 32-34c, you can expect a couple of degrees warmer maybe. Certainly very nice weather. The temperature doesn't really dip a lot in the evening, after all it is July. There was a fresh breeze for around half of our two week stay - on a couple of days it was really quite strong - very cooling and refreshing. As for mosquitos, you may well get bitten. I had a few lower leg bites, but I always take an antihistamine tablet daily so any bites don't flare up. As always, I use a plug in repellent in the room and also use Jungle Formula spray on exposed skin on an evening. This helps to cut down on how many bites I get - I still shudder at my visit to Corfu around eight years ago when I got bitten to death!! Up to that point I had rarely if ever been bitten.

As for activities - no idea. I would venture out to see the rest of the island. Either hire a car or use the fairly decent bus service. There are loads of really nice things to see and do in Rhodes.

Enjoy your stay.

Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info please!

temps around 35 degrees. It does get a little cooler in the eve but not much.

I didn't get bitten at all and didn't use any spray, repellent, nothing!

Not sure about acvtivities at your hotel but there are plenty of things to do in Rhodes such as the water park, visiting Lindos, Rhodes town, seven springs etc.

Hope that helps.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info please!

What is the springs??

I heard lindos is worth a visit, is the beach good??

Not much of a culture vulture and dont really want to spend long travelling!

4. Re: Info please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 00:16