We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!London Heathrow to Cheshunt Vs Birmingh Int to Cheshunt

Dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!London Heathrow to Cheshunt Vs Birmingh Int to Cheshunt

Hi,

I have a trip coming up to Cheshunt, to cut a long story short I booked the wrong flights. Currently am flying to Birminham International Airport but have now realised I should have booked to fly to London Heathrow. I am looking for advise whether its best to stick with my flight and pay roughly £54 (for 2 ppl) to get the train to cheshunt from Birmingham or alternatively I could amend my flight with my filight operator pay roughly €80 for this and then travel from heathrow to cheshunt. What would be the best way to travel this part and would anyone have ideas on the cost of this? (Heathrow to Cheshunt)

thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
3 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!London Heathrow to Cheshunt Vs Birmingh Int to Cheshunt

Heathrow to Cheshunt will involve Piccadilly underground line to Holburn, then Central Line to Liverpool St, then train to Cheshunt. Total time 1hr 36 mins to 1hr 43 mins. £11.50 each. www.nationalrail.co.uk

If you are thinking of changing airports how about Stansted? It is on the right side of London and only 35 mins on the train, with one easy change (at Bishops Stortford OR Harlow). £12.00 each

Edited: 30 January 2012, 09:15
Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
London
London
England, UK
Harlow
Harlow
Essex, UK
London
Level Contributor
11,909 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!London Heathrow to Cheshunt Vs Birmingh Int to Cheshunt

The rail journey from Birmingham airport (there is a rail station connected to the airport) is timed at about 2 hours 10 min - not a great deal longer than the journey from Heathrow.

Given that the airline change fee is more than the train ticket - I'd be tempted to stick to the booked journey.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!London Heathrow to Cheshunt Vs Birmingh Int to Cheshunt

Hi St39 /Rcspeirs,

A bit overdue but thanks so much for coming back to me on the above, it all worked out fine in the end I stead with the tickets i had and was actaully a nice journey.

thanks again.

Reply to: HELP!London Heathrow to Cheshunt Vs Birmingh Int to Cheshunt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cheshunt