We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget solo female traveller -Tour and suggestions

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
budget solo female traveller -Tour and suggestions

Hello,

I am visiting for the first time Dominica, I am on a tight budget and for the first 2 nights I will be staying in Carlibishe, Mainroad suites which is close to shops and restaurants. I am a solo female traveller and my first priority is safety. What shall I see near or around Carlibishe, I am into snorkelling, nature, walks but not too long like 1 hour - 1 hour and half max, SPA, anything fascinating about nature and experience the real culture of Dominica. I cannot spend a fortune and I was quoted $ 200 -250by Young Nixon to do a tour champagne beach, emerald pool, trafalgar falls, fresh water lake which I think I out order.

Also I m not sure where to stay for the next 2 nights and It will be nice it is close to restaurant , peaceful at night and not too isolated unless I can organise cheap tours from the b&b. I wouldn't like to spend more than 80US a night

Thank you

Also I was quoted 35US for the airport pick. is anyone know the taxi fare from the airport to Carlibishe?

2 replies to this topic
Sheffielduk
Level Contributor
654 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget solo female traveller -Tour and suggestions

You definitely need to get the Bradt Guide to Dominica by Paul Crask

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,725 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget solo female traveller -Tour and suggestions

For a different kind of place, Trafalgar or Laudat in the interior hills.

Reply to: budget solo female traveller -Tour and suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calibishie