We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narni in winter

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
3 helpful votes
Narni in winter
Save

We have two questions, please:

1. We're considering spending a long weekend in Narni during the first week of January. Most of the photos we've seen are taken in summer. Has anyone visited in winter? Is there much to see at that time?

2. We had, originally, thought of staying in the heart of the old town in order to step out of the hotel door and enjoy the surrounding history. Many of the hotels, though, seem to be outside, looking back at Narni. Can anyone advise us which is better?

Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Narni in winter
Save

Hi Timon,

I think you'll find Narni VERY quiet (read: kind of dead) the first week of January. Umbria in general gets very quiet in the months of January and February...I would probably choose one of the more on the beaten track towns (though I am a big fan of off the beaten track Umbria) for such low season travel.

Best,

Rebecca

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
221 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: Narni in winter
Save

I agree with Rebecca. You might want to try a slightly larger town than Narni. What abbout Spoleto?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Narni in winter
Save

Thanks, Rebecca and Bropaul for your help. We'll look into it. We really appreciate the advice as we don't know the area at all!

Timon

Reply to: Narni in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Narni
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.