We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standing at concerts

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Standing at concerts

I was wondering if you are able to stand and dance/move around while attending a concert at Rama? I have found a few reviews that mention no but others that said there was standing allowed.

Is there a certain seat area I should look for if I intend or wish to stand up and dance a little?

2 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,746 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Standing at concerts

Well if you stood in the tiered seat in front of me i’d be pretty pissed off. I find people who do that have a very self centred outlook.

Try getting a seat on the floor.

Edited: 24 May 2018, 12:53
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
973 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Standing at concerts

Have been to Rama numerous times for concerts with the last one being Travis Tritt back in Feb or Mar this year. Not sure if you know the layout of the venue but they have a whole mass of floor seating and then a large amount of tiered seating behind it.

For any and all of the concerts that we have been to they do try and deter people from standing in their row and dancing etc. till the very end of the concert. Normally by the last couple of songs or encore they allow people to come down onto the floor to the front of the stage and do their thing there. But I have seen the ushers, and there are lots of them, politely ask people to sit down so that those behind them can see. Even in the tiered seating the height between each row of seats is not enough to let you see over the heads of the person in front of you if they are standing.

And yes in the end, it boils down to just plain good manners to let everyone get a view. It also boils down to the fact that they don't let people stand out on the floor and dance until the very last couple of songs. Even then they have security at the front of the stage to make people keep their distance. It is pretty strictly enforced at Rama

I remember seeing Rod Stewart at Caesars Palace in Vegas and there was a bunch of UK fans that had travelled across to see him every night in concert. By the end of his second song even he was telling them to sit down so that those behind them could enjoy it.

Edited: 25 May 2018, 10:24
Reply to: Standing at concerts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rama
Recent Conversations