We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to town centre

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best area to town centre

Hi we are thinking of coming to Lanzarote in Sept 12 to Playa Blanca, we have noticed the los calamares is the nearest location to town, but there is only 2 of us and the villa's seen rather large, which other area is quite close to town to rent a villa , we are able bodied and like to walk and slowly walk back, and stop off for beer LOL!! , looking at , central marina end, not dorada end

Thanks for help in advance.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to town centre

Hi,

We just had a lovely week in a small bungalow on the Casa Del Sol complex.

Its just across the main road from the Ferry terminal.

Very easy to walk to all the main areas and a nice quiet complex.

I paid €440 for last week.

I think that they are all privately owned but come up on all the search engines.

Well worth a look.

28SAC

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,505 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to town centre

It depends if you want a private villa with pool or to be on a complex with a shared pool.

We stay on Los Calamares every year, even though there is usually only two of us, and are doing so again in September.

If you don't mind a semi detached bungalow on a complex with a shared pool I would say Las Brisas, which is just infront of Los Calamares. One, two or three bedroomed bungalows, with south facing patio, sun loungers, table and chairs and bbq. Great location, within minutes of town. The swimming pool is large, and heated! The bungalows are either privately owned or timeshared but many are rented out. Just google Las Brisas Lanzarote. I would think you could get a 1 bedroomed for around £300/350 a week in September. I've stayed there a few times over past years.

Reviews

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652121-d1419…

Edited: 27 March 2012, 08:28
achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to town centre

I have been looking at some nice 2 bedroom villas the place is called El Palomar the villa is called Casa Victoria private pool good price,sorry i dont no anything about the area we have never been to Lanzarote yet.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,505 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to town centre

Palomar is further out.

There's a map here showing locations.

www.lanzarotelates.com/playa-blanca-map.htm

Buckinghamshire UK
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to town centre

We stayed at casas del sol in a small 2 bed bungalow and I think that it has one of the best centrally located positions in playa blanca. Other similar options almost next door are as already mentioned las brisas and las casitas. If we went back we would only stay in one of these 3 options as we love to walk to everything quickly with two young children

Lanzarote
Level Contributor
262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to town centre

Parque Del Rey is a good one x

7. Re: Best area to town centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca