We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Co.Antrim N.Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

I would like to use public transport from the airport for my next trip to Castelldefels in October as the taxi fare on my last trip was 41 euro for 2 people which I find scandalous for such a short trip. I actually thought the taxi driver was scamming me (plus he drove like a maniac, not just a regular taxi driver maniac but like a man possessed and I've had a lot of scary taxi rides!!) but seems this is the price!!

Can anyone help me with this, I realise I will have to take train and bus or 2 buses or taxi from train station.

Does anyone know how much a taxi for 4 people with luggage would be from either Sant Boi or Castelldefels train station.

We are staying on Passaig Maritim , near to Canal Olympic.

Thanks in anticipation

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Use L99 bus from Airport T1, then L94 from Castelldefels to Passeig Maritim. Or from Castelldefels Rodalies train station L94.

A regular taxi will suit you best, in Barcelona taxi drivers aren't crazy and they are very honest. The minimum fare from the airport is 20€, ans you can see the fares as well as a useful calculator at taxi.amb.cat

Edited: 28 July 2017, 14:53
Europe
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Taxis don't charge per person. But 41€ is indeed way too much. I used to calculator given by Joan G and it comes up with less than 25€ for that ride. Next time, make sure to ask for a receipt. (Was this with a regular taxi, from the taxi line at the airport?)

Co.Antrim N.Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Thank-you

Co.Antrim N.Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Thank-you, Yes it was a taxi from airport. I've gone to same hotel before from airport and paid 30 euro which is why I was so amazed at having to pay 41 The driver was speeding, texting on his phone and not even holding steering wheel at times when driving so fast and really driving dangerously. My husband and I were both shaking with fear when we got out and we're well used to fast taxi rides!!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Next time complain to taxi.amb.cat

With the receipt you can know the license and the authorities will fine the driver.

Co.Antrim N.Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

Thanks Joan I will ask for receipt in future

7. Re: Transport to Castelldefels from airport-avoiding taxi!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2018, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Castelldefels