We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fav things to take on a trip!

Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fav things to take on a trip!

Tell me what your favourite things are that you take on a trip that made it better/more fun/ silly/ practical/etc/etc :) Thanks everyone!:)

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

Sense of humor, open mind, adventuresome spirit. all of these have made every single trip better than it ever would have been without them!

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

My friends always bring the game Pass the Pigs. It's small so easy to bring along a game that any amount of people can play. We generally turn it into a drinking game too.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

Take any essentials in a carryon bag -- for us this means bathing suits and scuba regulators/computers/masks, as well as laptops and any other electronics including cameras. If you have medication, take that as carryon too. I have only had my checked bag delayed once, but because I had the essentials with me, it wasn't a disaster.

Not sure if you're staying at a hotel or apartment. We generally cook our own food, and we always take our own coffee. It's hard to find fair-trade, organic, Swiss-water processed decaf in the Caribbean, especially pre-ground.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

I second the adventuresome spirit and open mind!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

i agree with answer #1, but i also take chopsticks and rubber gloves.

pam

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

Take any toiletry you could ever think you would need becaue in my experience you almost need to take out a second mortgage on your house to buy a bottle of sunblock at the resort. Also, strategize how you pack and get as much clothes in carry on as possible and make sure they are versatile. Try to leave the stresses of everyday life at the airport before you leave and pack the happy, friendly person who is ready to relax. Have fun! L11 days and counting til we arrive in St. Lucia! too_cold

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

@ pam - hahahahahahaha!!!!!! will leave it to our imagination why chopsticks and rubber gloves! Great answer!

It is not so expensive at C-Bay as at Sandals to buy some toiletries - they are more than at your home (probably) and the selection isn't great though. At C-Bay, you can walk into Vieux Fort in about 20-25 minutes and go by the drugstore or supermarket for more selection and lower prices. The toiletries in the room at C-Bay are not good at all - small bar of soap, small bottle of lotion and small bottle of shampoo (no conditioner) If you like a particular brand - bring your own!!!

Also brought on every vacation - Kindle, extra memory card for camera, earplugs cuz you never know how loud your neighbors may be! and extra sunglasses.

toronto
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

ahhh, Pam !!! i think i'd like to view life thru your eyes!! thats HILARIOUS!!!!

i don't think i have a fave.. but i might try chopsticks ?!?!?!? ;)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

Rope or twine to make a line to dry bathing suits and clothes after all the water activities.

Zip loc bags (store wet clothing, dirty shoes, protect electronics in wet conditions, keep bugs out of food, etc)

Sunglasses & sunblock, of course!

Rosetown, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fav things to take on a trip!

We also like to take dice and Yahtzee score pads....light, easy to pack, can use the dice for several games.

Forgot the little pair of binoculars this year...would have been nice to have there.

Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort