We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Ten

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Top Ten

Looking to see what the top ten things to see or do are in St. Lucia. Give me your suggestions, thoughts, and ideas.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Ten

1) anything that takes you to see the Pitons

after that, in no particular order

2) volcano/mud baths & Diamond Falls/botanical gardens

3) snorkeling in Soufriere

4) Anse La Raye Fish Fry on Friday night

5) ziplining/waterfall hike in Dennery

6) deep sea fishing

7) Rodney Bay for some shopping and dining

8) Pigeon Island for the hike, ruins, Jambe de Bois, SNUBA

9) Horseback riding on the beach

10)Castaway beach day with Congoman at Anse I'vornge

And a few more:

11) Rainforest Spa Jalousie for a massage, sunset cocktails at Ladera and dinner at Hotel Chocolat!

12) relax at the beach/pool with umbrella drink or nice, cold Piton beer!

Those are just a few of our favorite things. I could go on and on - but you get the idea!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Ten

Thanks Princess. I'm really intrigued by the SNUBA excursion. Can you tell me more and maybe a web site I can go to ? It's something I've always wanted to try. Any good leads on a cheap boat / captain to maybe go fishing. I've been a few times but a few of my friends coming down have never been. I can guarantee I'll be sipping on more then a few Piton beers while there.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Ten

No prob - for SNUBA you have to go up to Pigeon Island, about 1.5 hours from Coconut Bay. here's the website for the operator:

http://www.coxcoltd.com/snuba.php

For deep sea fishing out of Vieux Fort, we use Captain Ricky. I think you can contact him through the resort - if not, you can find his number in the phone book or contact him through Builders Choice in Vieux Fort (don't have the number handy, if I come across it in the next day or 2, I will send it on) He's great - nice big boat with all the lines for deep sea fishing, the chair, etc. He'll pack the cooler with drinks, etc. Last time we went (couple months ago), he was $400US for a half day. We caught a few barracuda and a tuna.

Spectacular views along the southern coast.

If he's booked up- we go with Mystic Man out of Soufriere. They are excellent, we've always caught fish with them, they have several boats to choose from. Only thin is - you have to get yourself to Soufriere! You can google their website.

Enjoy your visit - so much to do on the island besides just sit back and relax!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Ten

#11 on the list -- yes, yes, yes. Oh does that make me want to be there now.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Ten

Tet Paul Trail and New Jerusalem Mineral Baths were 2 of the highlights of our last visit. I'd also recommend a visit to Moule a Chique Lighthouse for some astounding views of the south end of the island and a stroll or swim at Soufriere Beach. As reedprincess mentioned there are lots of things to do including sea-kayaking and jungle-biking.

6. Re: Top Ten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 15:11
Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort