We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cotton House

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
The Cotton House

Hi -- I'm seeking a little current information on the 'Cotton House' (La Casa de Algodon) -- the main store and factory in Bucerias, and their outlet store in Puerto Vallarta, which was on the Isla Rio Cuale when we visited it last.

I wish to confirm that both stores are 'alive & well', still there, and open for business. Can anyone help me in this regard?

We met the owners last in Nov-Dec '08, at their outlet store -- I provided a review of their place and our experience after that trip, but since then, had my 'earlier' reviews removed. I have been re-submitting some of those reviews, with add-on's, along with several totally-new ones, and really do wish to put my review of the Cotton House back on TripAdvisor. We really enjoyed our visits to that lovely little store, and much-enjoyed our conversations with the friendly, and most-accommodating owners. And the purchases made were sure liked by those who received them.

We hope we can plan to drop into the Vallarta shop during our next stay (this Nov-Dec).

Thanks for any information on this!!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cotton House

A few topics down is "colorful tableclothes" which has info about the Cotton House

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cotton House

Yes, thanks. That's an old thread, and I actually posted to it, back when it first came out.

I've now received the info I've requested in this post.

Cheers!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cotton House

Don't go looking in Bucerias for it under the name "Cotton House or Cotton Factory" when I was there in Jan (concierge at VDPF tried to look it up in the phone book and couldn't find it, they asked the taxi dispatch in Bucerias and nobody knew where it was or what I was talking about). Probably listed as "La Casa de Algodon" (thanks Johnny2bc).

A taxi driver tried to help me find it, thinking he knew, and took me to the "Condom House" on a little side street in Bucerias!

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cotton House

If anyone wants to know where it's located in Bucerias, it's on Francisco Madero, a block from Mark's, which is a real landmark in town. It's a few doors south of the corner. EVERY taxi driver in town should know where Mark's is located.

5. Re: The Cotton House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 02:28
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias