We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Mountains, Kanc or... for tent camping, swimming

Boston
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
White Mountains, Kanc or... for tent camping, swimming

Hi, We are two people plus a very old yellow lab who loves to splash around. We are looking for a place to camp within a short walk to a river or stream where our dog can swim in. He is very old and cannot walk far.

Or if anyone knows of a good swimming hole that we can drive to and has a short walk, this is probably his last hurrah and I'd like to find the best spots for him. Thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: White Mountains, Kanc or... for tent camping, swimming

You could try one of the campgrounds on the Saco River. There are a few of them. The only outfit I have experience with is SacoBound which is a canoe/kayak rental place with a campground also. I have had great experiences with the canoe rentals, but have not stayed at the campground.

2. Re: White Mountains, Kanc or... for tent camping, swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:41
Get answers to your questions about White Mountains