We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for mini moon

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Where to stay for mini moon

Hi! We’re getting married Nov 10 and looking to head to The Hamptons for 2 nights immediatly after for some R&R, time together, wine, good food, massages, and beach stools (if sunny,)

We’ve never been to the Hamptons before and I’m overwhelmed! Any recommendations on where to stay (hotels or B&B)? Thank you in advance!

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
981 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay for mini moon

That’s Veteran’s Day Weekend so you may find that some / many places are already fully booked and most willl require a minimum stay.

As long as you have a car you can stay anywhere and visit several areas. On the South Fork look for a place between Southampton Village (not Southampton Town) and Montauk and on the North Fork between Mattituck and Greenport. The traffic will be heavier on the North Fork this time of year because large groups swarm the wineries - you will find the South Fork more relaxing and less crowded.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
117 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay for mini moon

I agree that I’d look TODAY as holiday weekends can be difficult. Look for a B&B where you can relax and be pampered. Unless you want to go to a splashy resort like Gurneys in Montauk.....take a look at their website. Be advised that unless you are bundled up in layers, the beach will be too cold for sunbathing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3. Re: Where to stay for mini moon

Thanks both - We live in the city so we knew it wouldn't be beach weather, but find being near water relaxing!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay for mini moon

Alli......me too! See if Gurneys fits your budget. The beach in Montauk is fabulous in any season. A nice brisk walk on the beach might be the perfect follow up to your wedding.

Congratulations!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,869 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay for mini moon

Gurney's is ON the water and has a spa and indoor pool but it's not near any of the vineyards. Depends on what's most important to you. If you prefer being convenient to vineyards and want more going on outside the hotel, look at Baron's Cove in Sag Harbor. It's across from the bay, near Wolffer Vineyard and Channing Daughters and close to the Shelter Island ferry if you wanted to go to the North fork.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,869 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay for mini moon

Wishing you all the best of luck on the wedding. Sunday looks to be cold but sunny.

Reply to: Where to stay for mini moon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted