We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

I would like to thank all those who have patiently answered my questions regarding many aspects of travelling to Canada and visiting the Rockies and then cruising to Alaska. Frommy, davidgmg, krp329, MuftiVancouver to name some. We have made a snap decision to go to the other side of the world and will be leaving home in a week to travel to the UK to cruise through the Baltic to various countries and ports including St Petersburg.

The logistics of making bookings (for Canada Alaska) at such a late stage became too difficult, as we were trying to catch up with friends on a set schedule. We will hopefully visit Canada next year and will have more time to pre-plan and probably hire a vehicle and drive ourselves. I wish Happy travels to all.

6 replies to this topic
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,115 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Have a great trip, Dawn. I have a similar cruise on my bucket list. At least you now have a solid basis to plan for a future trip, just start a bit earlier. :)

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Yes thanks Frommy. I hope that you enjoy your trip in July (I think you said). It was a disappointment but before I gave up on Canada/Alaska I went on to the Cunard site to see what they had and just happened to see this other cruise and found the last cabin on the Queen Elizabeth (apart from the very pricey top class) so off we go to Russia and points further south. This was another bucket list item for me so all good. Best wishes. Dawn

Edited: 02 May 2018, 05:07
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,115 posts
113 reviews
3. Re: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Mate, Queen Elizabeth will be doing two 10 day Alaska cruises next June. Use the Russia cruise to choose the best cabin for your Alaska cruise. :)))

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4. Re: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Good tip :)) I'll look into that one.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,008 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Quite the switch, Dawn, and a lovely one. You were really caught in a time squeeze for the Rockies this year with starting to plan in April for a May trip.

Have a great time in Europe and we will see you back in the forums early next year.

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6. Re: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan

Thanks MuftiVancouver. Yes it was very late - there had been some stumbling blocks over the months which stopped us booking when our friends did and we were just trying to at least share some of their travels.

C'est la vie. We'll have a great time hopefully and the 2 weeks after our cruise will enable my Scottish husband to get back to his home country. Best wishes and thanks again. Dawn

Reply to: Canadian Rockies and Alaska trip change of plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted