We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Louise - icefields and Banff

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
236 posts
33 reviews
Lake Louise - icefields and Banff

figuring out our itinerary June 31st to July 2nd.

Our home base is Canmore. Plans are Lake Louise and Icefields one day and Banff another. I know the traffic and crowds will be high because of the time of the year. Will it matter traffic wise which day we do Lake Louise and Icefields - Sunday or Monday?

3 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Lake Louise - icefields and Banff

There is no June 31. Do you mean June 30?

That is a long weekend and July 1 is a national holiday. Traffic will be heavy, and parking very difficult to find anywhere. Highly doubt which day will change it.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
236 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Lake Louise - icefields and Banff

Thank you Edmonton_Mamma. It is July 1 and 2nd. That is what i thought. Was hoping for a magic date.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
8,195 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Lake Louise - icefields and Banff

As well, I think you will struggle to do Lake Louise and go all the way to the Columbia Icefields in one day, let alone from Canmore. Chances are you will not only be taking a shuttle to Lake Louise from overflow parking, but you will have to wait for the shuttle at each end. At best, you may have time to get to Peyto & Bow Lakes. If you want to go to the Columbia Icefields, you need a full day for that.

Reply to: Lake Louise - icefields and Banff
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted