We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Banff and jasper

Kolkata
1 post
7 days in Banff and jasper

Hi,

We are a family of 4 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 4.

I will be staying in Banff and jasper for 7 days. I am trvelling end of May. Need help in framing my itinerary. Will be renting cAr from Calgary airport.

What activities and sight seeings would be possible with such small kids?

I was thinking of staying 4 nights in Banff and 2 nights in jasper.

3 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,851 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: 7 days in Banff and jasper

There is plenty to see and do in the national parks. I would recommend you get looking for accommodations first, in case your itinerary is dictated by availaiblity. (That may not be the case in late May/early June, but many posters coming even a bit later are reporting having difficulty finding accommodations, especially in Jasper townsite, which is smaller than Banff and doesn't have another nearby town that is a good alternative to stay.) Then, for information on things to do and see, you can read the "Things to Do" section here on TripAdvisor, visit the national park websites, and also the official tourism sites, which list paid attractions, tours and activities.

www.pc.gc.ca/banff

www.pc.gc.ca/yoho

www.pc.gc.ca/jasper

www.banfflakelouise.com

www.jasper.travel

Edited: 04 May 2018, 14:14
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: 7 days in Banff and jasper

Do you have accomodation reserved? If not that is will dictate how you spend your time.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,555 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: 7 days in Banff and jasper

Edmonton Mamma - why do you insist on repeating the same advice provided in previous posts? Don't you read them before commenting?

Reply to: 7 days in Banff and jasper
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted