We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim out rooms, which resorts?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
854 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Swim out rooms, which resorts?

I am starting to second guess my choice to go to Le Blanc. While it looks awesome and i know we wouldn't be disappointed, for probably $100 or more less per night I know there are other great options. Here is what i am looking for:

*Adults Only

*No Reservations required for dinner

*Swim Out rooms (a must)

*Willing to stay anywhere from Cancun, Playa, Cozumel, Tulum or Riviera Maya area

*Smaller resort is preferred but not a must

We stayed at SSS last year and loved the swim out rooms and the convenience they offered. We have also stayed at Moon Palace, RPD and CRT so looking for at least a 5* resort.

Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

If you want a swim out room you should check out The Royal Cancun. They are true swim outs that go directly from your balcony to the water. Also El Dorado Maroma and Secrets Maroma have true swim outs. It looks like Secrets Maroma only has 1 lounge chair on the patio, which would bother me. Personally I would pick The Royal and when we went years ago you did not need reservations.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

Secrets Maroma Beach swim-ups are much better than SSS. You can step directly from your patio into the water. The swim-ups are like a lazy river that is shared by that block of rooms. If you liked SSS then you will love SMB.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,028 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

El Dorado (edss)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
854 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

I read in a review Royal Cancun has reservation requirements can someone confirm?

Here are the resorts I am now considering:

EPM

EDSS

Le Blanc

Royal Cancun* if no reservations required

Thoughts?

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

Le Blanc does not have swim out rooms. Rooms don't even have true balconies. Lovely resort, really the only 5* on your list. Food and service are amazing. I truly do believe that you get what you pay for.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

I'd add: El Dorado Maroma to your list, too.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

Royal in Cancun requires reservations for Chef's Plate and the hibachi tables at Asiana. If you are going during a busy time or you want to eat at a specific time, you can also make reservations.

8. Re: Swim out rooms, which resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 08:16