We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

ontario
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
smoking

Does anyone know which resorts offer smoking in the rooms and around the resort in Mexico.......specifically the Riviera Maya. If not, do you know of any other resorts in Mexico that will.

KC MO
Level Contributor
632 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

Grand Mayan allows smoking

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

The Royal Playa Del Carmen allows smoking. One building in the resort houses all of the smoking rooms. Fantastic resort too, by the way.

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

Grand Palladium has both smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Chicago
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

Most resorts in Mexico do not allow smoking indoors, but allow it on the balcony and in outdoor areas. Before I quit, I went to Mexico a lot and it was absolutely no problem because we always smoked on the balcony anyways by preference. Also, there are usually loads of outdoor areas to smoke in. Even when I smoked, I preferred to smoke outside on the balcony because when the room is cooled almost exclusively by air conditioning instead of by opening a window, you start to feel like you are living in an ashtray. (Hey, it's Mexico, who really wants to stay indoors?) Speaking of which, you might want to pack a couple of cheap ashtrays for your balcony.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

We have found many of the resorts offer smoking and non smoking guest rooms. However, the indoor public rooms (restaurants/bars/etc) will be non smoking. Most outdoor areas will allow smoking. You just have to check the individual resort/hotel you want to stay at.

Edited: 23 August 2012, 14:53
6. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 02:15