We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montpellier airport from Sete on a Sunday morning

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
525 reviews
Montpellier airport from Sete on a Sunday morning

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to walk down the Canal du Midi from Toulouse to Sete in early June and will need to get a flight back to London on Sunday morning, with our departure at 10:50 hours, so I guess I would need to be at the airport by about 09:45 hours.

What is the best way for 4 persons with backpacks to get to the airport from Sete? If a taxi, what should we expect to pay? If train, etc, please advise route and journey times along with costs per person. Thanks very much.

1 reply
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,777 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Montpellier airport from Sete on a Sunday morning

There is a train fro Sete to Montpellier on Sunday mornings /(current timetable) at 0749 that would get you to Montepellier at 0811, another at 0852 arrival 0910. Do check at www.voyages-sncf.com in case of any short term alterations on the exact date you wish to travel. These are regional trains, so no booking etc, buy tickets on the day. Ticket price on these trains is €6,10

From Montpellier to the airport for four in a taxi would be more cost and time effective than the tram + bus option, which is the only other. The airport bus runs only once an hour anyway - herault-transport.fr/fiche_horaire/120-mars.… and you would need to take a tram from the station to Place de L'Europe.

I hope that helps.

Reply to: Montpellier airport from Sete on a Sunday morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sete