We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

Our cruise ship is in Sete for one day. I no longer lay or sit on the beach after skin cancer. It sounds like walking on the boardwalk is enjoyable. What else is there to do?

7 replies to this topic
Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

People watching in the main square is popular with cruise passengers.

There is also an interesting art gallery, and Les Halles is fascinating.

More : http://en.tourisme-sete.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

The mariners' cemetery and the adjacent Paul Valery museum are both well worth a visit, the museum has an excellent restaurant, and if you are lucky you will get to see some joutes in the canal. The Brassens museum is probably also nice, especially if you are into French chanson, but I have not been there. You can go to the beach anywhere (I know you said you don't, but even if you could), there are things here you can see nowhere else.

Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

My thoughts exactly about the beach Stephen! Thank you for the suggestions. Very helpful

Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

Thank you for the suggestions mpprh. Just saw your post.

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

My wife and i have been coming to sete for the past 10 yrs. 3 to 4 times a yr. Apart from miles of beaches at sete. You have historical buildings ie museums. You also have the canals which from july to end August you have joutes. Which is free to watch and covered over.you also have saint louis fete. Motor bike fetes.music fetes. Shops and loads of other things going on. Indoor markets. Indoor pools

Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

Wonderful gremlin! It looks as though there is plenty to do. Thank you! Now I will go look up what a "fete" is....

Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?

Graemeie, do not ask me who Gremlin is. It is something my iPad put in place of your moniker just before I hit "send".

Reply to: One day in Sete. Not beach people. What else?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sete