We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront rooms

Which Rose Hall hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
496 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront rooms

Is it true that the oceanfront rooms farthest away from Suites side are old and in need of repairs?

Should I request for the rooms closest to the suites side?

What room block would that be?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront rooms

All the rooms at the Grand were built at the same time, so one block isnt older than the other. I think what you are referring to is the complaints about stains on the carpeting in the hallways. Previous posts have reported the carpeting has recently been replaced.

The rooms closest to the suites are in the 500 block. The rooms farthest from the suites are the 600 block. These rooms will give you more privacy, but overall not a big difference. The actual rooms at the Grand are all identical, the only thing that changes is the view.

Edited: 06 June 2012, 22:43
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront rooms

I was in the 500 block closest to the suites last year and yes, even in that block, the hallway carpets were rather heavily stained with what appeared to be red wine and other adult beverages that didn't make it from the bar to the bedroom during the late night stagger to retire for the evening. Can't say that it ruined our vacation in any way!

United States
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront rooms

Hi Susan:

Nice to see you up - one can always depend on you for facts.

So much has been made of those carpets - when there is so much more

to enjoy. You would think they are on assignment from Good HouseKeeping

-I too like clean surroundings and overall the Grand stays up to snuff.

One other thing to remember - use Reggae Tours for your transportation needs. You can Google them from home

before you go - Gregg is among the finest you could ever deal with. Send him an email before you go - you will start to enjoy a comfort level - that you are in good hands even before you get to Montego Bay.

4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall - oceanfront rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:18