We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

maple
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

Hi

Can someone please tell me what the difference is in each of these hotels/sections. Im travelling with a 6 year old and 4 yr old and I want to make sure there are things for my kids to do in either of these sections. thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

Our family stayed at the Suites from Aug 4-11. Very nice family friendly property with lots of activities. They have an infinity pool which backs up to a beautiful beach, a slightly smaller pool equipped for volleyball & basketball, a lazy river and a separate kiddie pool (like a mini-water park). There is also ping pong, darts and foosball by the towel hut. The grounds are lush and very clean. You can snorkel for free at 3 small man-made reefs just off the beach (but within the roped area). They also offer free kayaks or small catamarans.

Rooms are good sized. When you enter, there is a large bathroom with tub, shower stall and two sinks on one side of the hall and two big closets and free mini-bar on the other side. the hall leads to a large room with two beds and a long chest of drawers with a flat, wall-mounted tv. Beyond that area is a step down where they have a pull-out sofa bed, coffee table and desk. A sliding door leads to a balcony with two chairs and a small drying rack for swimwear.

The lobby area has free wifi. There's also a theater with nightly stage shows. The adult show (generally family friendly) begins at 9:30. Kids' entertainment begins an hour earlier.

As for the Beach resort, I just did a walkaround to check it out so I can't comment on the inside. However, the building seemed a little older and not as clean judging by the wear. The beach had a lot of trees so the ocean views from the pools weren't as good. The two pools were side-by-side and the deck chairs were a slightly cheaper quality than what was at the Suites.

The Beach was a decent resort, but after my walkthrough, I was glad we spent the extra $500 for the Suites. The choice depends on your family budget and preferences.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

Can you tell me how deep is the water in the snorkeling area? Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

My guess would be about 6 feet. Maybe 8 feet max. I swam in a few yards from the reef and was able to stand, and I'm only 5'10".

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

If you stay at the beach you will be annoyed you did not pick the suites.

Nicer pool more upscale grounds to.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

I agree with midon1 - if the difference in price is still within your budget, I would definately choose suites over beach. The pool area, lazy river is worth it. I also think the beach at suites is a bit nicer than the beach area at beach.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

I do not know about the pool at the beach.

At the suites it is a walk in pool.

Always a good thing with small kids.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

I have 12 and 15 year old boys. Would the activities at the Suites be for that age group or is it set up for younger kids? Trying to find a place that will keep that age group entertained so my wife and I can also feel like we are on vacation!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

I have 12 and 15 year old boys. Would the activities at the Suites be for that age group or is it set up for younger kids? Trying to find a place that will keep that age group entertained so my wife and I can also feel like we are on vacation!

Bethany Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

I have stayed at the Suites for the last 4 years during Christmas / New Year's timeframe and there are activities for all ages at the Suites. The entertainment staff is very friendly and outgoing. FYI - The suites is booked solid between 12/27-1/1/2014, no more reservations are being accepted.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: iberostar rose hall suites vs iberostar rose hall beach

I think many of the activities are better for older kids & teens. My oldest is 13 and he played pool basketball, beach volleyball, and did the "walk on water" thing. He also played Ping-Pong, darts & foosball with his 9-yr old brother. A few days into the trip, our 13-yr old met up with some East Coast kids (ages 12-16; they thought he was in H.S. cause he was bigger than them) & they all hung out for the last couple days. He would check in periodically before they hit the buffets for lunch or went kayaking. They would hang out in the game room for awhile after the nightly stage shows.